What an interesting concept – a quick Google search reveals no history, no overall winner, no origins. In fact the only thing a Google search shows is a long list of recipients, which is no surprise considering nominees are required to nominate a further 15 blogs.
I think this must be the most successful chain letter out there – I’m going to add the rule: nominee must transfer $10 to the nominator, and see how quickly the project dies!
This is my inner sceptic talking – I’m actually quite jealous of whoever posted the first blog. The 1 that went 15 that went 225 that went 3375 that went 50625 that went… you get the idea. Genius.
It’s also lovely to be recognised within a friendly community of bloggers. You can write for pure selfish catharsis, but every writer likes to be read.
So thanks to CoopPoop who certainly inspired me to write a blog post that ended up being freshly pressed. CoopPoop owns a bunch of hilariously written about and beautifully photographed Barred Plymouth Rocks, unwittingly inspiring these two little gals, Devon and Delilah:
Four months old and full of mischief – they ate all my basil sprouts today – so it may be time for them to move out into the big wide world and meet the older girls.
Thank you also to Linda’s Garden for the simultaneous nomination. I do enjoy reading about what’s happening back home in Jolly Old England.
Seven Random Things:
- I received a WCMT travelling fellowship to kayak the whitewaters of Madagascar.
- I’m terrified of large aquatic animals.
- I lead youth development expeditions to developing world countries.
- I’m a terrible swimmer.
- I’m co-director of a transmedia project on International Street Performance.
- I’m writing a dystopian novel set in Salford.
- My knees bow out when I touch my toes because I’ve spent too long in a kayak.
I will need to put some thought into the fifteen blogs that inspire me – to be updated shortly…